Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Spiritual Experience

Hello. Today I managed to play my 2nd round of the year. I went to Alton Ontario to play the Osprey Valley Heathlands course, onw of the topo courses in Ontario and all of Canada.
What made it a spiritual experience? I teed off at 10am. I was the first person to play that course. And for the first 11 holes, I was the only human being on the course. I was laughing so hard the first 3 holes I could hardly concentrate. What a change it was from my previous years at a private club, where there were lotteries and slow play everywhere.
The Heathlands course is a great test of golf. I played very well today, but every time I missed a fairway I was in big trouble. Because I was in no hurry, I played two balls. I shot 73 and 74. I was so relaxed it was easy making nice swings and strokes.
What was also great about today was how the course, a links style, looked in the cloudy conditions. It just felt like golf the way it's played in Scotland. The scenery was spectacular.
And how can you go wrong when you can take your time, talk to the staff on the course, and play in 3.5 hours? And only pay a spring rate? I would've payed double to get the same experience.
If you want to go somewhere just for the golf, Osprey Valley is the place.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google