Thursday, April 19, 2007

Cold Enough For You?

Hello. Are we having fun yet?
Today, April 19th, I awoke to frost on the ground. It may hit double digits today. May.
I golfed on April 2nd. It was the warmest day we've had in April. Even it wasn't that warm relatively speaking.
I've had next to no desire to golf since that date. Only a few have. Attendance is quite low. And it's understandable, since it's been colder than early January.
Yesterday was my first day of training for my new part time job. I'm going to be a marshall (the official job is play coordinator) at a local course. It involves riding around in a cart all day. Neat huh? Having said that, my teeth were chattering at the end. I should've had gloves and multiple layers on. It was darn cold!
Public courses in particular have to be hurting so far. They've probably lost over a thousand rounds. People aren't going to pony up big green fees when they can't feel their hands.
Private club members probably aren't feeling too hot either. It's tough to justify your membership when your course may not even be open. It may get them rethinking their status.
There is a call for warm weather soon. Here's hoping it happens soon!

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google