Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thanks For The Howard Feedback

Hello. FYI I got some feedback re Glenn Howard. Many thanks!
This individual grew up with Glenn and Russ Howard in the Midland area. Their kindness in working with curlers of all levels was mentioned, along with their kindness and sense of humour.
I last saw Glenn in November at the Masters of Curling event in Waterloo, which he eventually won. And I can honestly say you'll never meet a nicer person. He was still the same guy I knew in university. And in case you think winning this world championship changed him, remember he's already won 2 worlds with Russ. In fact, he never mentioned to me he won 3 university curling titles in a row when we were there.
I've never met Russ, but I know Glenn never resented being in Russ' shadow. While I'm sure he's glad to finally not have to answer anymore questions about Russ, he was just as happy winning as a third, arguably the best third of all-time.
Glenn Howard was a world champion long before he won it curling. A first class individual all the way.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google