Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Chicago Was A Great Experience II

Hello. So, what happened at Pearson? I'm glad you asked.
Three of us were travelling together (the fourth was in Chicago already). We taped our brooms together. There were 4 in total, because one guy had a sweeping broom and an old throwing corn broom.
I was carrying the brooms. When we got to the customs line, I was asked what the brooms were. When I replied "curling brooms", there was no response. I mentioned it was a sport, and that we had to play in a Chicago tournament.
The customs person looked at the throwing broom and asked what it was made of. I said "corn?". She wrote down "agriculture" on my card, and pointed me to secondary inspection!
When I got there, I was peppered with fruit and vegetable questions, which I answered "no" to truthfully. My bag was scanned. Then the question, "why are you here?". I pointed to the corn broom. This customs person told me to leave.
I then caught up to my teammates. They asked me where I was. I told them that the corn broom was deemed a potential food hazard. Laughter and disbelief ensued.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google