Monday, December 10, 2007

Chicago Was A Great Experience

Hello. Many thanks to all the people I met at the Exmoor Continental Curling Bonspiel in Chicago. We played 5 games, going 2-3. We had to forfeit our last game Sunday due to catching our return flight, but we didn't care. We more than got our money's worth.
As someone mentioned to me last year, you don't know how much effort something like that takes until you do it yourself. All the lunches and dinners were preplanned. The schedules were laid out in advanced. Everything was made to treat us like royalty.
One thing I liked too was the Canadians (myself included) were never put down in any way by our American hosts. Players from both countries respected each other.
Would I go back? Yes, but it unfortunately it's not at a good time for me. I just got back in time to see my children in a church Christmas play. And with next year's event scheduled for even closer to Christmas and my son's birthday, I don't know if it will happen.
While there were some funny stories that will stay in Chicago, the funniest happened at Pearson airport on the way down. That story tomorrow.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google