Thursday, November 22, 2007

World Cup Woes

Hello. The World Cup has always been a mystery to me. There are several questions for which I have no answer:
  1. How come it's played now? The European Tour has started its new season. The PGA Tour has ended theirs. Many countries (including mine) are shovelling snow. Is there any media interest?
  2. In spite of it being played now, there are scheduling conflicts not only with the European Tour, but also the annual Skins Game, which could also fall into the same category of being a mystery event to me. Plus it's American Thanksgiving today. No wonder Boo Weekley and Heath Slocum are representing the US.
  3. How do you qualify to get into this thing? Canada is represented by Mike Weir and Wes Hefferman. Who you may ask (along with me)? Hefferman is lower on the world chart than something on the ocean bottom. I could go into a lack of Canadian depth sermon, but I'll stop here.

Regards,

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google