Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Santa Claus Parade Had Two Problems

Hello. FYI I attended the Georgetown Santa Claus Parade Saturday. It was really well-run, with lots of floats. However, two things became problems.
First, someone had a heart attack. I'm not sure how this individual is doing. I'm sure it will be in the paper Wednesday. All the best to this individual, family and friends.
Second, on obviously a much lower scale, the parade was at 5pm for the 3rd year in a row. The main reason it was changed from a 1pm start was to have the floats lighted.
It was a novelty the first year. However, it is very difficult to see the individual people on the float. Plus it was much colder in the evening than in the afternoon. The temperature dropped from double digits to around freezing.
Will the time change next year? I doubt it. My family had fun which is the main thing. And I eventually thawed out.
While some may object in this politically correct day and age to a Santa Claus Parade, I hope the tradition continues.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google