Monday, October 29, 2007

Titanic Exhibit Worth a Second Look

Hello. Today my golf efforts were thwarted by frost, so I went to the Ontario Science Centre to see the Titanic Exhibit for the second time, and the movie "Titanica" for the first time.
When visiting the Titanic Exhibit the first time, I guess I was looking for the equivalent of special effects in a movie. As a result, the display looked a little barren to me. While it was still impressive (and giving everyone a boarding pass with someone's name to see if you survived was a great idea!), I didn't really appreciate what was there.
I can honestly say that now I'm much more appreciative of what is there. That's because this time I focused on the equivalent of a movie's plot. And what a plot it is. No other disaster comes close to capturing the Titanic's impact on the imagination. So many subplots come together with the main story of the doomed ship. You could study it for a lifetime, as many have. Please go see it if you can.

Regards,
Steve

P.S. My name on the boarding pass didn't make it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google