Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Why I'm Not Watching The Grand Slam of Golf

Hello. Today is the first round of the Grand Slam of Golf in Bermuda. I've been a faithful viewer for years. However, this year I won't be watching for the following reasons:
  1. It's in Bermuda. As a result, it starts in mid-afternoon. I have to get kids from school, prepare dinners, go to piano lessons, then get ready for curling.
  2. It's not in Hawaii. I played at the Poipu Bay resort course in Kauai, Hawaii when my wife and I were on our honeymoon. It was in '97, when Tiger Woods was winning his first Masters. Since then I've been very interested in seeing the Grand Slam of Golf to re-live that great memory.
  3. Tiger's not playing. With all due respect to Zach Johnson, Angel Cabrera and Padraig Harrington, it's just not the same when Tiger's not around. And while I understand how he wants to be with his new family member for an extended period of time, it's just one more case of biting the hand that feeds you. I wish Tiger and other pros would realize they have certain obligations.

Regards,

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google