Tuesday, October 09, 2007

LPGA Logo One To Cheer About

Hello. I'm sorry, but I cannot get into the PGA season anymore. While congrats go to Justin Leonard for winning the Texas Open (for the 3rd time, tying Arnold Palmer for the all-time lead), the PGA is passe to me at the moment.
The LPGA is another story. Lorena Ochoa became the 1st LPGA player ever to earn $3 million after losing a playoff to Suzann Pettersen, the new #2 player in the world. It was the 3rd win this year for Pettersen. She and Ochoa are definitely players to watch in the future, and could be starting a great rivalry.
The LPGA is boldly venturing into new popularity territory, and now have a new logo to reflect that movement. I must say it's one of the best pro sports logos I've ever seen. It reminds me of the Olympics logos for the host cities. It's modern, colourful and progressive. In short, it's everything other pro sports in general (and the NHL in particular, especially after the lockout) should be doing. I think it will be a big hit.
Will it translate into more fans? It certainly won't have less after this.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google