Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ontario Election Has Some Interesting Twists

Hello. Well the polls in Ontario have been closed for some 20 minutes now. I'm looking for the following things, as they in particular interest me:
  1. Voter turnout. This one always gets my attention. We can have over 8 million voters in this province, but will be lucky to have 5 million. Why? I consider it my duty to vote whenever possible. If you didn't vote, I don't want to hear your complaints.
  2. Referendum. I don't think MMP (two votes, one for local candidate, one for party) has a chance. The argument I've heard for it is so you can get a few seats if your local candidates are defeated, but the party has a certain % of the vote. My reply back has been that if your candidates are being defeated, you should be focused on getting better ones from the millions of eligible people.
  3. Majority or minority? I don't think anything will stop the Liberals. The economy is excellent, and John Tory made arguably the greatest self-inflicted political blunder of all time.

Regards,

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google