Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fusion Gala For Cystic Fibrosis A Huge Success

Hello. Last Saturday my wife and I were honoured to attend the Fusion Gala for Cystic Fibrosis (CF) at Angus Glen Golf Club. Congrats to the organizing committee for a very enjoyable evening, and a personal thanks to Kevin Thistle, president of Angus Glen, for letting this event take place at his locale.
While I don't have a final number, I believe this event will raise over $100,000, and bring the 6-year total to over $600,000. Needless to say, it's moeny that's well-needed.
It's very easy for me to be involved in this cause, because I'm the father of two CF children. When I gave Nicole a $200 donation, she said it wasn't necessary, as we already give on a regular basis. I replied that it was necessary, because until a cure is found, no meny is too much. I don't want to say we didn't give enough.
What always amazes me is how energetic people are who don't have that personal connection. Believe me, all of us who have had CF come into our lives really appreciate your efforts.
Congrats again to all involved for a lovely evening!

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google