Monday, November 12, 2007

Remembrance Day Stress Over

Hello. First let me say Remembrance Day is one of my most important dates. It's very important to look back on our history in conflicts. Hopefully they will encourage us to never get involved in a full-scale war ever again.
Having said that, the 2 weeks leading up to and including Remembrance Day are very stressful for me. I'm paranoid about losing my poppy. In fact I can't be anywhere without taking frequent looks at my coat or shirt to see if it's on.
I did lose it once. I almost crawled in a cave. Fortunately I was at a place where poppies could be purchased.
I did manage to hang onto it right through to Sunday. The ironic thing was on Sunday, when I was working, I had my uniform on. No poppy required. I did wear it proudly after my shift, however.
Of course now that Remembrance Day is over there's no way I could lose this poppy even if I tried. It would come back on my coat even if I buried it.
Please remember Remembrance Day and our veterans.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google