Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Breakfast Television Spot Greatly Appreciated

Hello. Tomorrow my whole family is going to be on Breakfast Television on CityTV around 7am. We're all looking forward to it.
We are raising awareness for the FrightLites campaign. FrightLites are individual sticks that glow in the dark. They're used to help kids be seen by drivers during Halloween. I just found out 4 times more accidents occur during Halloween than any other time of the year.
Not only do FrightLites help kids be safe, but they're also used to raise funds for Cystic Fibrosis research. In the past 7 years, FrightLites have generated over $1 million!
Where would cystic fibrosis be without our sponsors? I shudder to think. When I was born, kids with CF had a very low quality of life. Now there are more CF adults than CF kids for the first time ever. It's very encouraging. I can honestly say the glass is half full.
I'm always humbled when I think of someone with no connection to CF putting in their time or money to help our cause. I'm afraid I lack the intelligence to tell them how much that contribution means. Hopefully I'll be able to find the words Wednesday.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google