Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wooden Sticks An Incredible Bargain

Hello. Today I played at Wooden Sticks. The 7:30am shotgun was delayed due to frost, and it was cool. However, the sun was shining, and the wind was down.
What got me was what I got for $110:
  1. 18 holes and a power cart, which usually cost $250
  2. A Powerade, water bottle and nutrition bar on the car
  3. A breakfast buffet, including milk
  4. A lunch buffet, including Coke!
  5. A course guide
  6. Royal treatment
  7. A well-conditioned golf course
  8. A chance to play some of the greatest holes in golf, replicated

Please note these holes aren't identical. For example, you cannot putt into the bunker on the "Road Hole" (#15). The 18th hole seems to be more uphill than #18 at St Andrews. And #17 green, modeled after #17 at TPC Sawgrass, seems to be more contoured. However, I got that nervous feeling waiting to hit my shot on #17 (I ended up on dry land).

If you want a real treat, put Wooden Sticks on your agenda!

Regards,

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google