Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Fundraising Going Strong

Another day, another donation. And another day, another ticket sale. Things are on track for our 7th annual CF (cystic fibrosis) Dinner Dance on April 22nd.
What makes this event work so well? Organization for one. Gail and Shelley are great at what they do. Gail is the CMA, so she looks after finances. Shelley is a master at getting auction items. My role is 'livestock' - I do what I'm told. If I'm too much of a hindrance, I'm asked to rewind some DVDs.
The two key areas for any event of this type are ticket sales and the auction table. Because Gail, Shelley and I have different groups of friends and business acquaintances, we can ask a broad range of people for both and not step on each others' toes. As a result, we sell out our 150 tickets easily, and had 130 items worth $30,000 for our auction items. Last year we raised $26,000 to put our 6 year total over $100,000. Not bad for a group of volunteers, huh?
I have an idea that should simplify things next year. Gail, Jennifer and Sherrill all like it. Since they're successful fundraisers in their own right, it should appeal even more to people who struggle.
Team Canada men are on a roll, beating Japan 7-4 to go 6-2, trailing only the USA. A showdown game is on Thursday. Bon Chance Mon Amis!
It's Master's Eve. Think anyone's sleeping? I understand Earl Woods is not feeling 100%. All the best to the world's most famous golf dad!

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google