Friday, March 24, 2006

Canada Comes Back, Hands of Stone Doesn't

The end of the line for Hands of Stone's playoff hopes unfortunately. We shook hands with our worthy opponents after 7. I forget what the exact score was (intentionally by the way), but we did have a chance. We were 3 down after 6, and were lying 4 . Unfortunately a misplaced guard by myself and a couple of takeouts later, it ended up being 4 the other way.

Rather than drag all the rocks back to their starting place, I took the opportunity to throw all 16 of them back to practice for my $25,000 shot Saturday. I had some time to reflect, and concluded my issues during the game (several of my misses cost us) were because I "forgot to not think". Last Sunday I was able to not focus on my technique. Tuesday it worked fine. Thursday I couldn't forget about it and it cost me. I think it was because I was matched against arguably the best player at the club. Face it, I was intimidated.

While it was crushing to lose, I can now after a few hours say what a great time we had this season. We made the "A" playoffs and beat an old nemesis. If someone would've said a year ago we would've done either of those things, I would've laughed.

Way to go Team Canada! Down 8-4 after 8 ends, they scored 3 in 9, stole 1 in 10 and 1 in 11. They now play Germany tonight, with the winer going to Saturday's semis. All the best!

Time to get some pregame sleep. I want to be rested for tonight's game and Saturday's throw and wind-up party.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google