Thursday, March 09, 2006

Going To The Toronto Golf and Travel Show

Hello. The warm weather here today (10 Celsius) is just in time for the Toronto Golf and Travel Show. I'm going down Friday to see what the latest and greatest is in the world of golf.

While I've enjoyed my irons, their age is starting to show. I've always been partial to Taylor Made clubs (still waiting for that sponsorship deal), so I'll be trying their demo sets to see if there's an iron with my name on it.

The travel side is always interesting. It's interesting to see what spots are represented. Michigan has historically had one of the biggest displays. Who would've thought that. While it's right next door to Ontario, I've never had the pleasure of playing there. Maybe this is the year.

Of course, there are great flights to take to faraway lands. What better way to learn about this world than golf on it? Right now I'd be hard pressed to name a country without a golf course. There may be a few in Asia and Africa, but their numbers are dwindling.

Of course, Ontario (the province, as in right here) has some of the best quantity and quality you'll find anywhere. I'm always amazed at how many top-notch golf courses have been built here in the past 20 years. Two people could write down their top 50 Ontario golf courses, have no two the same, and still have no arguments.

While there are several top private clubs not available to everyone, the public courses are no slouches either. Start with Angus Glen, home to the 2002 and 2007 Bell Canadian Opens. The courses and facilities are highly regarded. My wife and I are playing a golf tournament there May 5th for our favourite charity, cystic fibrosis.

Have a nice weekend. I know I will. With the Toronto Golf and Travel Show on Friday thru Sunday, and the Brier starting Saturday, it's a good time to be a golfer and a curler.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google