Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Week Without Curling?

Hello. I went to the TSN website today to get the dates and times for Canada's games at the Ford Men's Curling Championships near Boston. I was excited about what should be a good competition.
Guess what? Nothing there other than "see you next season".
I then read an article about the Men's Worlds, and found out CBC owns the rights to the entire bonspiel. It then said CBC is only televising the semi-final and final.
I went to the CBC website to confirm. It was the same info as TSN.
No more curling on weekdays on a main network. No round-robin. No tie-breakers. No Page playoff games. Nothing. Zero. Zilch.
What is going on? I could understand if it was in Europe. This championship is near Boston. The same network has gone there for many years to do Hockey Night in Canada.
After last year's TV disaster, I thought everyone would be doing their best to televise as much top-level curling as possible this year.
Why didn't the CCA ask (force?) CBC to televise the games? Why didn't CBC sell (give?) the rights to TSN or another network for the week? Why didn't CBC put these games on Country Canada and/or The Score like it would've done last year?
To go without televising them at all just seems strange. I'm upset, but I'd be even more upset if my fellow alumni Glenn Howard was in them. Still, I wanted to see Team Quebec perform live.
If anyone knows why we're not seeing these games, please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google