Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Is Anything Different?

Hello. This question may be one people are asking today in Canada. Did anything change?
My simple answer is yes. There were a few small changes.
Why? One of the oldest reasons ever, complacency. And there's no better riding to illustrate it than Kitchener Centre.
Karen Redman, a Liberal, has held this riding for over a decade. She's a very competent politician from what I'm told. I believe she'd won the seat 6 times.
Last night she lost to a Conservative in a tight race.
It's my theory a loss like this results from complacency. And in fairness, Karen had reason to be complacent. The Liberals looked like they were getting momentum. And Conservatives have historically not done well in Ontario.
How many past supporters went Conservative? Or NDP? Enough to lose by 339 votes?
A quality veteran candidate like this should not lose, even when the rest of the province is going Conservative. Kitchener Centre is not my riding, so I'm supposedly objective.
Next time any political candidate is in an election, do not be complacent.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google