Thursday, September 25, 2008

2 Years Ago

Hello. As you can see from my previous posts, September is an anniversary month for me. September 21st, 1999 was when we found out our daughter had cystic fibrosis. September 24th, 1999 was the last time I was right about anything. And today, September 25th, is the 2nd anniversary of being told my position was being eliminated.
For many people, this can be devastating news. That's not true in my case.
I was working at home. My manager, who lived in Miami, called at 10am with the news. I can honestly say I was doing the Tiger Woods fist pump while he was talking. 2006 had been filled with nothing but layoff talk. I can honestly say I was glad it was over. It was a great relief. And my wife and I had planned for it.
Now I can look back at the past 2 years and say they've been the happiest of my adult life. I've been able to spend time with my family I wouldn't otherwise be able to. I'm more relaxed, and feeling very secure. I've discovered what's important in life.
If you want assistance in doing what I've done, please feel free to comment on this post. Worst case you'll feel less despair.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google