Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Ryder Cup Pick

Hello. I'm picking the Europeans.
I could stop here. I mean, they're the favourites based on past Ryder Cups.
Sergio Garcia has been shining a lot this year, and is 3rd in the Fedex Cup race. The two guys ahead of him aren't here. Oh, and he has the best record of anyone competing. And he's not 30 yet.
Padraig Harrington is the best player playing in this event, including Phil Mickelson.
Lee Westwood finished 3rd in the US Open. The two guys who finished ahead of him aren't here.
One of those was Tiger Woods. He was on all those losing teams before. I would think the US isn't as strong without him.
Is there any chance the US will win? Of course! They have 6 rookies who could come without the losing baggage and light a fire under everyone.
Playing on US soil is also helpful.
I just don't see it happening, that's all.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google