Wednesday, September 03, 2008

New Score Top 100 List Interesting

Hello. Got the latest copy of ScoreGolf magazine and looked at their Top 100 for 2008. There were some surprises for sure. I have played 33 of the 2008 Top 100, down 2 from the 2006 list. Many of the ones I've played are no longer on the list. Some have now snuck onto it.
As Bob Weeks, ScoreGolf's editor, says, no list would ever be agreed to by everyone. And that shouldn't be the objective. What it should do is encourage golf clubs to improve their facilities so they can be considered or move up on the list. It should also point out to us as golfers where great courses are in this wonderful country.
Do I still have the same favourite? Of course. Osprey Valley Heathlands is still my #1 pick, even though it went from #35 to #36 on this Top 100. It's my soulmate. Everything about it is built just for me. That's not to say I won't be trying to play some of the others on the list. It's just that Osprey is the one I compare all others to.
As long as there are people with opinions, lists like the Top 100 will be popular. I'll be very interested in what 2010 Top 100 looks like.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google