Monday, August 25, 2008

CICA Tournament A Lot Of Fun

Hello. Today I was honoured to play in the CICA golf tournament at King's Riding. My favourite charity, cystic fibrosis, was the recipient of their generous fundraising.
I was able to play because one of the players could not attend. I quickly ditched my volunteer duties to join Alan and Graham for 18 holes of excitement in ideal weather.
We managed to shoot 64, and won Low Corporate Team. It was a lot of fun not only playing well, but having a lot of laughs.
I've always been impressed with the effort put in by people on behalf of a charity they have no direct connection with. Today was no exception. There was such a great organizational team put in place, everyone so happy to be there. It made me feel very fortunate to have great people supporting us.
What was also great was being able to tell the CF story to people over long periods of time, and keep their interest by answering their questions. I felt a connection was made today.
I'll be very interested to see how much was raised. If you know, please inform me.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google