Monday, September 22, 2008

Ryder Cup - Why The Fuss? II

Hello. Well, I like to think of myself as someone who admits to making mistakes. Of course that's a full-time job since I make so many. Look no further than my last two posts to see that.
On Thursday I said the Ryder Cup was becoming insignificant. And it probably would've been heading in that direction were it not for the US winning wire to wire. Thanks US for breathing some life back into the event.
And Friday I picked the Euros, based on Sergio Garcia, Lee Westwood and Padraig Harrington. They went 0-7-5, and Nick Faldo was being criticized? Those 3 need to look in the mirror.
Actually, Europe has to look in the mirror. Including Faldo. So many questionable things in these matches. Not having Darren Clarke, and to a lesser extent, Colin Montgomerie attending. Including Paul Casey, who could be THE EURO some day, but not now, was also questionable.
What's funny is it's always the captain's picks that get analyzed to death prior to the matches. Meanwhile guys like Phil Mickelson and Harrington get a free pass, with people (including me) thinking they'll play wonderfully, and they tank.
It should be much more interesting in 2010 after this Ryder Cup. Time will tell.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google