Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Race For Second The Most Exciting? II

Hello. Well, as I write this, it looks like a stronger Conservative minority government.
Some things did happen as I predicted:
  1. The Liberals were closer to #2 than #1. Popular vote was down around 5% across the nation. Can you say bye bye Mr Dion?
  2. Jack Layton should be proud. The biggest gains of the night. He should be in good shape for the next election.
  3. The Green Party is popular with youth. They may be a factor in another generation.
  4. The Bloc is still a presence, although I don't know why. Does anyone smell a referendum in the near future?

The big surprise for me was the Conservatives running a poor campaign. A majority was a great possibility. I think they'll get one next time, unless the Liberal leader is named Trudeau.

I hope everyone voted.

Regards,

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google