Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Farewell To Curling

Hello. My apologies for not writing Tuesday. I will do two columns today.
Yesterday I sent my "recreational" curling team an email saying I would not be curling in the upcoming season. My plans to meet with them have been postponed indefinitely due to the reason I will not be able to curl (just too busy). I felt it was best they knew now so they could make plans.
It's going to be tough to not curl with this team anymore. We came a long way. Rod, Richard and I have curled together for about 7 years, Richard and I even longer. Most of those years we lost often and large. I used to tell my wife we had a tough game Thursday. She'd ask me who we were playing. I'd reply I didn't know. It didn't matter because we were that bad. One year we only won 4 games out of 30. Need I say more?
We went from those humble years to a top team because of Susan joining us 3 years ago. We were top 5 ever since, and 2nd this past season. Unfortunately we did a "New England Patriots" because of our skip (me). But it was fun, even through the bad times.
All the best to my teammates! Thanks for everything!

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google