Monday, May 26, 2008

Caledon Woods Great For The High Handicapper

Hello. On Sunday I spent a lovely afternoon golfing at Caledon Woods, just north of Bolton on Highway 50.
I had played on this piece of property many years ago when it was known as Bolton Golf Club. It may have been the worst golf course I've ever played. I vowed to never go back there unless it was blown up.
My prayers were answered. The course was completely redesigned. It's in great shape. And a perfect challenge for the high handicapper.
My playing companion was a gentleman named Andy, himself a high handicapper. I can see why he enjoys playing there. It's not very long. In fact, I would've tried to drive some of the par 4s if we weren't waiting every shot.
What it does require is accuracy. The fairways are quite narrow, as they should be on a short course. The traps are deep, but fair. And most of the trouble is lateral, which again is better for a high handicapper.
Caledon Woods is a very nice layout overall.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google