Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Club At Bond Head A Nice Experience

Hello. Today I played The Club at Bond Head South course for the first time. It was a nice experience.
The weather was not the best, but the company was great, and the speed of play fantastic. The clubhouse is right up there with any facility I've been at. And the staff was first rate.
Our host made everything very nice for us, including picking up the tab. The tour he provided for us was very informative.
The South course is a toughie. The average player would be lucky to break 100. I barely broke 90. The sand traps are severe. And the greens are not flat.
Would I go back again? Yes, but not in the near future. The location is far for me (northeast of Tottenham). On the way I passed many courses, including my all-time world #1, Osprey Valley Heathlands. When I came home, I was thinking how nice it would be to have played there instead. Unfair criticism for sure, and to be fair it's nice to play a course for the first time.
I would recommend The Club at Bond Head for anyone to play, as long as they aren't looking to set the world on fire.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google