Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Iron Man a Must See

Hello. My apologies for not writing Monday. It was Victoria Day in Canada.
On Friday our family went to the movies. My wife and 9 year old daughter watched Narnia Prince Caspian. My 6 year old son and I didn't watch a movie. We watched IRON MAN!!!
Iron Man is more than a movie. It's decades of comic books brought to life. While Iron Man was not one of my favourite Marvel heroes growing up, he is now!
Robert Downey Jr was excellent as Tony Stark/Iron Man. I always judge someone's acting performance by asking if you can imagine anyone else in the role. In this case it's no. There are many references to Downey's own misbehaving in this movie. And how he handles them is brilliant.
The fact my son watched the whole thing without panicking says the violence is at an acceptable level. I also don't remember much profanity. And it moves at a fast pace.
There's no doubt Iron Man will be a huge cash cow. It's already exceeded expectations. My son wants an Iron Man action figure. I hope he lets me share.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google