Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Farewell To Curling II

Hello again. Well, I just left a voiemail for my men's skip saying I would not be curling next year.
This breakup is a little easier to take. We were only together last year. The chemistry was not good. And many people were away for extended periods of time.
I was lead. Our second bought a place down in Florida in the winter. I'm sure he'll be making good use of it.
Our skip is a great person, very calm and patient.
Our third was polar opposite - intense and opinionated. His reality and mine were not the same. While he's overall a very good person, I should like him more than I do. We agreed to disagree.
Our original plan was to rotate positions, as all of us had skipped. When I saw the group dynamics, I said I wouldn't skip. I'd stay at lead, and only play up if people were away. I kept that promise.
All the best guys!

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google