Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Best People to Learn Golf From

Hello. Last night I played with a person who taught me a lot about golf. Who was it? David Leadbetter? A local pro? The club champion? None of the above?
That's right, it was none of the above.
The person I played with was a junior golfer.
Was he better than me? No.
Did he know a lot about the golf swing? No.
Did he even know he was teaching me? No.
So why was he a good teacher? Because he taught by example.
What did I learn? How to approach each shot with no doubt, and no fear.
I picked it up right away too. On the 2nd hole I was tentative. I healed my drive, hit a tree with my second, and made a nice double bogey. Meanwhile my playing partner was right down the middle without any worries.
On the next tee I just got up and swung. I hit every drive down the middle from then on.
Same thing on the greens. They're still a bit slow, but I was way short on my early putts. After watching the junior player slam them into the back of the hole. I started doing the same.
The result? I'm ready to go out on Sunday loaded for bear, instead of being apprehensive.
Play with a junior as often as possible. It does wonders for your game.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google