Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Nadal-Federer Lived Up To The Billing

Hello. I'm not much of a tennis fan. I was interested when Borg, Conors and McEnroe were battling, as well as Evert and Navratalova.
I do watch the Wimbledon and US Open tournamentsa fair bit, but lately if I miss them I'm not disappointed.
Having said that, I was very excited about watching the Nadal-Federer match Sunday. And while the rain delays and my previous plans made my ability to watch it limited, I was still very interested. What I did see (the 3rd set tiebreaker and a couple of games at 5-5 in the 5th set) was an absolute classic. And it didn't surprise me when it went to 9-7 in the 5th set.
It also didn't surprise me Nadal won. Then again, it wouldn't have surprised me if Federer had won. They were both playing great, and rising to the occasion.
si.com did a list of 5 best current rivalries. Needless to say, it was lacking. No rivalry in sports matches this one at the moment. And it would be very tough to surpass it. These guys are trying to upgrade, and are for the most part succeeding.
Congrats on a great match!

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google