Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy 10th Birthday To My Daughter

Hello. Today my daughter (who is my oldest child) turns 10. Most of the gifts, featuring Build-A-Bear, Bakugon and Littlest Pet Shop, have already happened. A swim, Chuck E. Cheese and a friend coming for a sleepover are to come.
Where did these 10 years go? How could my daughter go from a baby to a young woman in such a short time?
I'm just glad I'm not getting older, and that it's just her and my son who are aging. And if you believe that....
When I think back, so much has changed. I was in my fifth year of a 13 year stay at the same job. Now I'm retired going on two years.
I used to wonder how to fill my days before she was born. Now I wonder if free time is an oxymoron, even though I don't work full-time anymore.
The toys have changed, but they're there in great abundance.
It's been a wonderful ride.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google