Thursday, June 26, 2008

Heathlands Love Affair Continues

Hello. Today I played Osprey Valley Heathlands for the first time this year. And my love affair with this course, my favourite in the world, continues.
I walked out of the pro shop at 8:45am and went right to the first tee. I put my stuff in the trunk at 11:50am. And in between, I followed a twosome in a cart, looked at the new hole numbering (for the first time ever, I started on the actual 1st hole!), and talked with friendly staff.
What makes Heathlands #1 in my books? At 6800 from the back, it's long enough to challenge me without being ridiculous. I love the layout. It's easy to walk. It's relatively inexpensive at $80. And I can play fast.
In short, it suits me to a tee.
When I resigned from the private club I belonged to, the main reason was I couldn't play enough to justify a membership. Knowing Heathlands was there at $80/round cushioned the blow. And it still does.
I've played my great courses in Canada and the US. Osprey Valley Heathlands is #1.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google