Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My US Open Pick

Hello. Well, here goes. A chance to pick a US Open winner. Really like picking a needle in a haystack.
Obviously there are favourites. Tiger and Phil come to mind because it's at Torrey Pines. However, I'm not picking either of them.
The last 4 years the US Open has been won by someone south of the equator (Michael Campbell, Retief Goosen, Angel Cabrera and Geoff Ogilvy). Three of those men had never won a major before. I think the string will continue.
My pick is Andres Romero.
Who? The guy who could've easily won the 2007 British Open save for one misclub on the 71st hole. He had 10 birdies at Carnoustie that day. 10!
A guy who has won on the PGA Tour this year, something a lot of European Tour players (Tim Clark and Colin Montgomerie come to mind) haven't done.
I have no idea if Romero has played Torrey Pines, let alone how he's done. I just think he can do it. You heard it here first.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google