Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Martin Suffers First Hiccup

Hello. Congrats to Kevin Martin for being 7-1 after 12 draws of the Men's World Curling Championships. He has a 2 game lead over the rest of the field.
Martin suffered his first hiccup today versus China. Is this cause for concern? If my conversation with Glen Howard at the Ontario championships was any indication, then it may be a good thing.
Glenn told me their 2007 loss to the US was a blessing. To that point they were all playing extremely well. All were shooting over 90% for the event. The US loss brought them back to earth, and made them realize they still had to work for a win.
I'm sure the same will happen to Martin and company. They're probably analyzing right now what went wrong against the Chinese.
Do I expect them to go through the rest of the event undefeated? In a word, yes.
Will I watch it? Nope. That's tomorrow's topic.
All the best to Team Martin!

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google