Thursday, March 27, 2008

No Good, Bad and Ugly At 2008 Women's Worlds IV

Hello. Thanks to US Curler for correctly pointing out it's Debbie McCormick, not McCormack as I said yesterday (my apologies). And yes, the US-Canada game was exciting, but not well-played. It unfortunately reminded me of my limited curling skill-set. Since I see it at the curling club, it doesn't excite me as much seeing it on TV. Keep that feedback coming!
There now is a bit of a gap at the top. China and Canada have clinched playoff berths at 8-1. Switzerland is 7-2, and Denmark 6-3. The saving grace for the US (5-4) may be Denmark has to play Canada this morning. A Denmark loss would help a lot of teams. However, the US has to play Switzerland, who gave China its first loss. Those are two of the biggest games today.
And in keeping with this week's theme, no criticism of teams who are obviously out-gunned this week. They have all made a strong commitment to curling. That's what I'm celebrating. If it weren't for all these countries curling, there would be no Olympic curling. Without Olympic curling, a lot of Canadian players and teams (in particular Randy Ferbey, Kerry Burtnyk and Colleen Jones) would've retired a year or two ago. And there would be no Olympic Trials, which is the best curling I've ever seen.
Kudos to all!

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google