Thursday, April 03, 2008

Can Martin Be Stopped?

Hello. This weekend Kevin Martin is on a mission. For all the decorations Martin has received in the curling world, he has never won internationally. Not even at the junior level, where Canada is usually expected to be even more dominant than the "open" ranks.
Don't get me wrong about Kevin Martin. I'd love to have his medal collection. He's been to the Olympics. Twice. In November 2009 you'll start to see how big a deal that is.
But when having a discussion of who is the best curler in the last 25 years, Martin's international record keeps him behind Randy Ferbey, Russ and Glenn Howard, and any other world champion.
That's why I think this world championship is as important to Martin as the Women's Worlds was to Cathy Overton-Clapham (I still cry when I think about her reaction). For that reason I think Team Martin will be as dominant in this worlds as Team Glenn Howard was last year. I'm not going to try to find the "Bold" TV channel, because I expect him to romp. And if he doesn't I don't want to watch.
Both Kevin Martin and I expect to see him in the final.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google