Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Curling Woes Continue

Hello. This week my men's team played in the Halton-Peel curling bonspiel. It's the 40th anniversary of the event.
What I like about it is you play against different teams, and at different curling clubs. It's nice to compare notes to see how our team and our club stack up.
Unfortunately this year, our team lost all three games. They all went to the last end, but they weren't as close as it may seem. We were on the defensive in all 3. We also always seemed to let the other team off the hook when we had a good end going.
As mentioned in previous posts, this team is the most talented group of individuals I've ever been with. It's also the worst chemistry team I've ever been on. I've learned a lot of lessons from it, so there have been positives. Since I've been the lead, I've had a lot of chance to work on my draws. This has really helped my skipping in our Thursday league.
One thing I'm not in a hurry to do is play any extra bonspiels. I've played the last one this year with this team. Hopefully we can turn it around in the new year, but right now I'd say that resolution is already broken.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google