Friday, June 01, 2007

The Joys Of Improvement

Hello. My apologies for not writing yesterday. My wife and I were golfing with old friends at Ballantrae. It's a very nice course.
The last two times my wife and I have played, she has shot her best games ever. This is after playing the game for over almost 20 years.
Why has this happened? One of her best friends took up the game 4 years ago, and is already breaking 100 regularly. This inspired my wife to change from being just a social player to someone who wanted to get better. She saw a role model who had no golf experience become pretty good.
Another thing was her equipment improved. She is now using the latest gear, as opposed to before when she didn't care about equipment.
Finally, my wife went to Sandra Post for golf lessons the last 4 years with her friend. The short game classes she took this year were especially helpful.
That in a nutshell is how you can improve with minimal course time; my wife only plays 1-2 times a week, and most of the time just 9 holes.
Is she having fun? You bet. We are all happy to see her improve.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google