Thursday, May 17, 2007

AT&T, Phone Players (Especially Lefties)!

Hello. What a disappointment. The AT&T Classic will have a hard time justifying its name this week. Henrik Stenson and Zach Johnson are featured names. Two months ago you would've said only Stenson was a big name.
Where are all the players? Two players, both lefthanded, are ones I'm particularly wondering about.
Phil Mickelson is defending champion. I beleive on Sunday he was healthy enough to win at The Players Championship. If I were healthy, I'd do everything in my power to defend. Phil's absence has to be a real kick in the teeth for AT&T. I'm sure they were certain Phil would attend. I find this more offensive than missing the Byron Nelson Pro-Am.
Mike Weir is the other player I'm wondering about. He too is a post champion of this event. His game could use a real lift. He's 89th on the money list, way behind in the President's Cup points race, and he's sitting out an event he's won in the past? I'm lost on that one. Where are you Mike? Would a win do something for your career right now? Like get you jumpstarted with some confidence, even if the field's a dog?
If this field is this bad, what will the Canadian Open be like?

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google