Thursday, January 18, 2007

Halton-Peel A Lot Of Fun III

Hello. When do the great moments in sports usually happen? When the situation is desperate. Game 7. Overtime. Last inning. Last hole. Last shot.
In my case, it was the last end of our last game. We were one down after 7 ends in our last game of the Halton Peel. I was down to my last shot, without hammer. They were lying one on the button. There were two guards covering it. There may have been a hole wide enough to throw a rock threw it. My third and I weren't sure.
Our game was the last one of the draw that hadn't finished. Another draw was waiting to come on. As a result, everyone who was looking at the ice (at least 50 people) were looking at me. The takeout was the only chance I had to prolong our game. It was either make it, or lose right then and there.
When I threw it, the rock seemed destined to hit the right guard. I was looking at it intently, hoping for it to curl enough to get by it. It just did. Because I was looking at an angle, I didn't see if it would clear the left guard. Somehow it did. It ended up hitting shot rock. The people let up a roar. I was relieved.
The opponent skip tried the same shot, and just hit the guards. We went on to the 9th end, which we unfortunately lost.
When we got off, all people could remember was that shot. Some thought it won us the game. Some called it the shot of the day. I thought I was fortunate, since my performance prior to that shot was awful.
Now I can add a highlight to my all-too-brief bio. I hope everyone gets one moment like this they can remember.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google