Monday, May 29, 2006

Great Strides and My Daughter Are Another Hit

Hello. Our family had the honour of participating in the Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Sunday at the Toronto Zoo. The lovely weather was matched by the enthusiasm of volunteers and participants. It was a wonderful event as usual. Many thanks to everyone involved in pulling off this huge effort.
What can all of us who have family members with CF say to the rest who donate their time and money? It's a very humbling event for me. I can see firsthand how much people care, even if their loved ones are not affected by this cruel disease. To know everyone in the Toronto Zoo that day has raised at least $25 to attend is remarkable. I'm going to give the organizers a chance to recover from a very busy time (May is CF Month) before asking for the total amount raised.
My kids had a ball. Max and Ruby of Treehouse TV entertained us. The animals were out in force. There was a lovely lunch put on by all the generous sponsors. My daughter loved the camel ride. Everything went really well.
Sunday afternoon was my daughter's piano recital in a church. There were about 100 people watching as she played. After I asked her if she was nervous. She said no. I'm very envious. When I was her age, I would've been very tense. She has now sung a solo at our church, played the piano in front of her whole school in the school's version of "American Idol", and done this recital. I hope she continues to do these things without getting nervous forever.

Regards,
Steve

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google