Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tiger "Kneeds" Another Skill

Hello. All the best to Tiger Woods who is undergoing knee surgery. If you're like me, you won't be as interested in golf while he's away. Hopefully he's fully prepared for the US Open.
What Tiger "kneeds" to do is add another skill to his advanced skill set. Tiger has to learn how to come back on Sunday in a major when the leader isn't coming back to him.
For all the good things Earl Woods taught Tiger (and if you don't think he chose the right path, look at the Wies), the "go low comeback" was not one of them. Tiger was always in a situation where he would dominate. And it resulted in him being the best closer of all time. When Tiger has a lead, it's pretty well over.
However, because he was in the lead so much in his career growing up, he didn't learn how to do what Jack Nicklaus did in the 1986 Masters. He didn't have to.
I mentioned this point to our top club curler. I told him he doesn't know what to do when he's behind, because it's so infrequent. I, on the other hand, am in my comfort zone when I'm down 3 or more after 2 ends. That's where I always am!
All the best on your recovery Tiger!

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google