Monday, January 14, 2008

NFL Playoffs Heating Up II

Hello. Well, I'm glad I don't predict for money. I got New England right, and even they were pushed quite a bit until the end. I thought San Diego could push Indy, but didn't give them the nod. I thought the Giants had a chance but would be too banged up. They proved me wrong. And Seattle disappeared after being up 14-0 on Green Bay. The only blowout on the game I picked as most likely to be an upset.
What a great football weekend. 3 of the 4 games were very entertaining. And what story lines:
  1. Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin were both going to be run out of town at the end of last season. Tiki Barber retires. Jeremy Shockey's season ends in injury. And yet here they are, one win away from the Super Bowl.
  2. Green Bay. Brett Favre. I didn't believe in them until now.
  3. San Diego. Injuries to Philip Rivers and all-world LT. Sink the defending champs. Unreal!
  4. Brady 26 of 28. David Garrard of Jacksonville almost as good. Maybe as good a technically played game as I've ever seen.

Predictions Thursday.

Regards,

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google