Monday, June 25, 2007

UW Golf Team Reunion A Great Day

Hello. Many thanks to Dave and Jack for putting together a University of Waterloo 50th Anniversary Golf Team Reunion tournament. It was very nice to play with Doug, Bill and Jeff, and reminisce with Clyde, Jay, Scott, John and Brian.
Two themes emerged during our round at Grey Silo, which I'd never played before:
  1. Bill kept telling me there were easy holes coming up. I'm still waiting. I was 2 over par after 13 holes, with the worst supposedly over. I ended up crashing badly. My mystery partner was probably not too happy.
  2. Doug was the coach beginning in '91. Bill and Jeff played for him that first year. They were talking about how they used to travel on golf trips, and got balls, shirts, bags, towels, etc. There was none of that when I was on the team in the early '80s. In fact, I got the impression we were the forgotten decade at the event. All I can say is the team came in 2nd in the OUAA in '84, and I was 2nd individually. That's not bad, considering we didn't get anything!

It was great reliving lots of moments. It also proved to me Lee Trevino's saying "The older I get the better I used to be" is accurate.

Thanks again everyone for a wonderful day.

Regards,

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google