Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My US Open Pick

Hello. Who am I picking to win the US Open? I've narrowed it down to 5:
  1. Tiger Woods - if he plays smart like he did at last year's British Open and PGA Championship, he should be the man. However, he has to hit fairways to be in the hunt, which is always a question.
  2. Jim Furyk - seems made for the US Open, and it's in his home state, and he's won it before. Always a factor when mental toughness is required.
  3. Retief Goosen - has won as many US Opens as Tiger, and should've won a third prior to a Sunday collapse. He can be in contention, as last 36 at Augusta proved.
  4. Steve Stricker - getting very good results lately, including close to top at Wachovia.
  5. Colin Montgomerie - so close last year, and lost in a playoff here in '94

So who's going to come through? Believe it or not, I think Monty has what it takes. I don't know why, but you heard it here first.

Regards,

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google