Thursday, May 04, 2006

A Wonderful Experience

Hello. Whenever I think of what it would be like to be single again, with less responsibilities, I remember the special times you can only have with your own children.
Last night has joined those special times. My son, daughter and I went mingolfing, something they really enjoy. This time was different, however, because they had their own putters. We were given some junior clubs from a friend to test-drive. It was great watching their excitement at having their own clubs.
After that, we went to the driving range for their first time hitting balls. We took turns, from youngest to oldest. I was pleasantly surprised at how often they made contact with their first swing. And one time my daughter hit the ball over the "cliff", her term for the end of the grass tee block, some 40 yards ahead of the mats we were hitting from.
Throughout it all they were very encouraging of each other, and respectful of the other driving range participants. Needless to say, I was proud.
On the walk back to the car, my son carried the bag using the harness. He managed to have 2 inches of clearance. I'll have to remember that when he eventually looks down at me.
I asked them if they wanted to buy the clubs. They said yes, and asked when we could go again. Needless to say, I was thrilled they wanted to keep hitting balls. Hopefully it will lead to a lifetime of enjoyment.
Tomorrow is the CF charity golf tournament. It will be good to play with my wife and my brother. I don't get enough opportunities to do so. No matter how we do, it will be great to enjoy our afternoon together and raise money for our favourite charity.
Have a nice weekend!

Regards,
Steve

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google