Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Women's British Open Pick

Hello. Well, here goes. I'm picking Michelle Wie to win the Women's British Open!
What's that you say? Wie's playing the PGA event in Reno this week? Oops!
In that case I'll go with a less obvious pick, World #1 Lorena Ochoa.
I think Lorena's going to put a bow on this season. What better way than to win at Annika Sorenstam's final major? It would be a subtle way of saying 'thanks for the memories Annika, but I'm the reigning star right now'.
Who better than Lorena to handle any tough weather? She hits the ball long, and has accuracy to avoid rough. Her green game is solid. And last year's British Open win, her first major, should make her confident.
While the young Asians cannot be discounted, especially since they won the last two majors, I think more experience is needed at a British Open.
As for the Americans, Juli Inkster has the hot hand. Maybe it will continue.
And Annika? I'm sure she'll be up for it, maybe too much. Hopefully she finishes well.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google